Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Earthquake off the coast of Yemen: Update I: Clusters Suck

There have been more earthquakes near Yemen.  The first appears to have happened on Sunday, followed by several others.  There have been so many that's I'm having trouble getting them all organized, so if you're interested, go to http://earthquake.usgs.gov/search/ and type in Yemen, in the search field.  There's less than a dozen, so far, and all of them are around 5.0.  I found a list of all the earthquakes for the past week, and there are around 30 of them near the Yemeni coast.  Most of them happened on Sunday.  They were mostly in the 4.5 - 5.0 range.  If you count the ones closer to Djibiouti, then there are even more of them.  No word on any high waves.  No idea on when this will stop either.  I am not an earthquake or tsunami expert, but I would be a bit nervous if I lived on the coast.  At least the worst appears to be over now.


Edit: updated post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :)