- There's the "official" news from the Yemen News Agency. Like most government news agencies you have to take what they say with a grain of salt.
- There's the Yemen Times, which has interesting articles but feels more like a magazine.
- There's Al-Sahwah, which seems to have regular news, but has formatting issues.
- There's NewsYemen, which doesn't have a lot of stories.
- There's the Yemen Observer, which has a problem I'll mention in a minute.
- There's the Yemen Post, which claims to be the "First Hourly Updated Independent English News Website" in Yemen but has some English language problems.
- I also get random articles from people I follow on my twitter feed.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
News in Yemen
I thought some of you might be interested in where I get the information for my YemenWatch posts. Getting news from some countries often feels like an art more than a science. Yemen is one of those countries. I get my news (in English) from several different sources. And some of those have problems writing in English.